We are hiring!
To apply for any of the positions below, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a portfolio or demo website, please include a link in your cover letter.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss the position, call us on 01453 823 867
Web Developer Job
Location: Bonds Mill, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Working days: Full Time
Hours: 9 am – 5.30 pm
Reports to: Creative Director
Salary: TBC Depending on Experience
Scope of the role
We are currently looking for a Web Developer with a natural technical ability and a hunger to learn more to join our team.
- As part of the development team, your main responsibility will be the production, revision and maintenance of a variety of web projects
- You must be able to work well both independently & in a team, depending on the scope of a project
- You will be required to understand project and development plans and be able to clearly articulate roles, project goals and timelines
Key skills and experience
- A good understanding of how CSS effects the DOM
- Strong knowledge of PHP, bonus points for familiarity with a popular Framework (Laravel, Symfony, Yii)
- Experience with customising a CMS to a customers requirements
- Experience of building cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions, including cross-browser testing
- A passion for web accessibility and usability
- Attention to detail and an understanding of user experience (UX)
- Good working knowledge of mobile web development
- Have a sound understanding of development methodologies and documentation techniques
Nice to have
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM best practices
- Experience working with e-commerce
- Experience developing with package managers (yarn, npm, or bower) and modular development (via Webpack, Browserify, or RequireJS)
- Experience with unit testing (Mocha, Jest etc.)
- Experience of working with third party APIs
- Knowledge of Linux based servers and administration
- Experience of version control systems (We use git)
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an energetic and upbeat company with a commercial drive. Fun but fast-paced, we thrive on challenges, innovation and delivering exceptional service. We work in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment where our staff are encouraged to express themselves.
Our dress code is ‘office casual’ and a great attitude is essential. Our office is in a beautiful canal-side location on Bond’s Mill in Stonehouse, 5 minutes from junction 13 of the M5 motorway, with regular sightings of swans, coots, moorhens and the local kingfisher.
Christmas closure – happy days!
Great team spirit.
We are always interested in hearing from freelance designers, creative & copy writers, web designers and coders, so if you’d like to be on our books, please contact us with your CV and portfolio.
We are currently looking for an apprentice with experience in photography. A background in photography or art, with a focus on camera work, is essential. If you’re interested, either call 01453 823867 or email us your CV and portfolio.
If youre struggling to get a full time creative role due to lack of experience, contact us about an internship.